Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Character Names I Love or Top Ten Unusual Character Names (I have done a little mixing and matching. A few of the names are favorites, and others just struck me as being unique or different.)
This meme is hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Go check them out!
1) Finley Jayne, Griffin King, Jasper, and the lovely Jack Dandy from The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles #1) by Kady Cross. I haven't had a chance to read the other books in this series, but they are on my list! I particularly want to know how the relationship between Jack Dandy and Finley unfolds. He's dangerously delicious.
2) Echo Emerson from Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1) by Katie McGarry. It's just a name that I love!
3) Vincent, Jules, Ambrose, Gaspard from Die for Me (Revenants #1) by Amy Plum. I love all of the names Plum gave to her male characters. I remember loving this book, but it's another unfinished series for me. I need to remedy this!
4) Theseus Cassio Lowood from Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna #1) by Kendare Blake. I love Greek Mythology, and mythology in general, so imagine my happy surprise when a character was given a name like that. Apparently, his father loved mythology as much as I do.
5) Adelice Lewys from Crewel (Crewel World #1) by Gennifer Albin.
6) Finnikin, Prince Balthazar, Lucian, and Evanjalin from Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1) by Melina Marchetta. I'm pretty sure ALL of the characters in this book have unique names. The author created an entirely new world with new rules, so why not invent new names, too?
7) Gemma Doyle, Pippa, and Felicity from A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle #1) by Libba Bray. The Gemma Doyle series is one of my all-time favorites! I have thrown exactly two books in my life, and the last book in this series was one of them.
8) Galen from Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy #1) by Anna Banks.
9) Laurel and Tamani from Wings (Wings #1) by Aprilynne Pike. This is another series I started but haven't had the chance to finish. I remember loving the first book, but not feeling so strongly about the second. Laurel started to annoy me by ignoring her past and adamantly trying to pretend she was still mostly human. The girl needed a reality check, and she also needed to appreciate what was right in front of her face. I guess I need to finish the series and see if she has any more character development.
10) Aislinn, Keenan, Irial from Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely #1) by Melissa Marr. Iri! It has been WAY too long since I read this series. It definitely needs a re-read. Another one of my absolute favorites!