Since this is the second time I have been nominated for this award, *last time I was way too busy to even try* I decided to go ahead and take the time to do it. I seem to have a lot more time on my hands than I used to. I know that the Liebster award is something that is passed along among bloggers to help get newer or smaller blogs out there. I am happy that my blog was so nice that people noticed it twice. I have tried to make my blog adorable and cute and exactly like me. *No applause please*
I want to thank Tiffa from The British Book Nerd for nominating my lovely little blog!
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
1. What's your favorite genre to read? - I know that I am a contemporary girl first and foremost. After that, I get more into scy-fi and dystopian. I read other things too though. I love historical fiction, and I will read paranormal too. Over the last couple of years, I have gotten farther away from "my favorite genre" to "let me try it". I will read almost anything, and I have been thrilled to find new genres I would never have read a few years ago. This is coming from a girl that had never read a book involving Vampires *other than Twilight* until she got into college.
2. What do you enjoy most about book blogging? - My fellow bloggers. I mean, when I first started, I had no idea what the book blogging community was like. When I got started going to bookish events with one of my besties/fellow blogger, I was like WHAT? I have made so many friends over the last year. I also love the authors. So many are so down to earth, and I have had some also conversations where I had to seriously reign in my fangirlness, but when it was over I would think, "I just talked to one of the coolest authors ever." I also enjoy writing a good review and sharing it, knowing that it may convince someone to read it and thus supporting an author that I love.
3. Do you prefer print books or e-books? - Print. Definitely. I have a Nook color that enables the cover whore in me, but I use it mostly for approved e-gallies, books I get super cheap or free somewhere, and storing episodes of Vampire Diaries. I love holding books and turning pages and being able to smell my book at any given time. And don't even act like that's weird. You probably do the same thing. ;)
4. Paperback books or hardback books and why? - Ok, for the post part, I am a paperback kind of gal. They are easier to fit into my purse, they are cheaper, and they take up less space. I have so many books that space is an important factor. That being said, if it's a book/series that I really love, I try for hardback. I have The Hunger Games series in hardback along with paperback. I know, I know it's sad.
5. What is the thing that annoys you most whilst reading a new book? - Ok I share in the hatred of two things: Insta-love and love triangles. There are great books out there that I have a hard time reading because of those two elements. A) I don't believe in love at first sight. Lust at first sight maybe, but not love. Love happens over time. Don't get me wrong. I am a horrible romantic, just don't give me insta-love crap. And B) Love triangles suck. Seriously. You are not in love with two people at once. I want to make it through the whole book without feeling like I need to pick up a team shirt at the end.
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? - I would go to Italy in a heartbeat if someone would let me. When I was young, I would read travel books of the different cities in Italy. I read books about ancient Rome, about the art of the area, and the food. Oh. The food. Lo amo I'ltalia.
7. If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be? First off, this question freaks me out a lot due to reading Starters by Lissa Price awhile back. The idea FREAKS me out. Anyways, if I could be anyone, I would be Hubert de Givenchy. When means I would also have to go back in time to the fifties and sixties. Most people have no idea who he is, but he was the man that designed for and partnered with Audrey Hepburn. I wouldn't want to be her, but I would want to be someone that got to spend lots of time with her. Cause she was amazeballs.
8. What was your favorite book of 2012? - Oh I never have one. Never. My top seven-ish would be Insurgent by Veronica Roth, Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver, Timepiece by Myra McEntire, The Selection by Kiera Cass, Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi, Pushing the Limits
by Katie McGarry, and Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares.
9. Who is your favorite author and why? - Such a hard question. Seriously hard question. Ok I will break it down. My favorite author of adult/classic lit is Harper Lee. For those living under a rock, she wrote To Kill a Mockingbird. I fell head over heels for this book in high school, and I have read it over and over since. Harper Lee captured characters of the time, feelings, and left the reader with hope in a hopeless situation. She is the author that I could only dream to be. My favorite contemporary YA author is Stephanie Perkins. She makes me laugh, creates swoony boys, and creates worlds that I would kill to live in. Her characters are relatable and witty and incredibly enduring. I lend out Anna all the time. My favorite paranormal YA author is Julie Kagawa. She is so versatile, and she made me love the world of fey. Then she went and wrote a book about vampires, and I was like *jaw on the floor* cause it was so good. So very good. She creates worlds in her books that leave me speechless.
10. If you were to write a book, what genre would it be and why? - It would be contemporary. It just would have to. Actually it could be historical fiction. My problem is that I have not had that super creative idea that would work for fantasy/scy-fi/dystopian/paranormal. So contemporary it would be.
11. Who is your boyfriend/husband/piece on the side and why? - SO MANY BOOK BOYFRIENDS!! The first two that pop into my mind are Cricket *Lola and the Boy Next Door* and Four *Divergent*. Cricket is my ultimate nerd fantasy. He invents things AND he has great pants. The fact that he is super adorable and sweet is a super plus. Four on the other hand is the guy with tats and super "I'll save you" powers. He could take anyone, and he is willing to sacrifice all for the girl he loves. Um. Yeah. Definitely.
1. I have recently graduated college and entered into the world of teachers trying to find employment. Whoot!
2. I love pink. I mean LOVE pink. It has been my goal as a blogger not to overwhelm my readers with my love and passion for pink.
3. I am a paradox of a sort. You see, I love penguins and owls, but I am terrified of birds. I would never come near either one of those two, but I think they are adorable.
4. In high school, I went to South Korea and am dying to return. It was such an incredible experience.
5. I love grammar. Seriously, I have never been the best, but I respect people who attempt to use it correctly. And I admire people who don't use text language.
6. I love baking *especially with my best friend* and wish there was more time and chocolate in the world.
7. Coffee and tea are vital parts of my life. I seriously would do a caffeine drip if someone would let me.
8. I have a weakness for boy bands. It's embarrassing really. I still have some Jo. Brothers on my iPod, not to mention Backstreet and N'sync.
9. I love all things Nerd. Star Wars, Star Trek, Big Bang Theory, big rimmed glasses, Yoda, and suspenders, ect.
10. I can quote Mean Girls, Pitch Perfect, and the original trilogy of Star Wars.
11. Finding 11 things about myself that people actually cared about was hard and if I nominate you, you can skip this part! =D
Heather @ Owlnestly Book Reviews
1. If you could choose to live in one book, what book would it be?
2. You are on a deserted island, and you can choose ONE book. What book do you take?
3. Why did you decide to start a book blog?
4. Moment of truth: Do you judge a book by its cover?
5. Your favorite book is about to be made into a movie. How do you feel about that?
6. Where is your favorite place to buy books?
7. Who are your favorite book boyfriends?
8. Which character would you love to slap and why? *We all have those moments*
9. What was your favorite book that you had to read for school?
10. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
11. Which author are you dying to meet?